If you are inspired, donations would be much appreciated.
A few things about me
I have a pinterest site of Alaska humor: Pinterest.com/alaskahumor
How I Find Humorous Material?
- I make my best effort to find out the source of humor I have on my website and e-book and get permission if appropriate.
- Some material is my own. I write humor and take photos. I use photoshop for some images - for example to add text.
- Some images are under a Creative Commons License with commercial use allowed.
- Click here to learn more about this great worldwide licensing program works.
- Click here to find Creative Commons Licensed images.
- I've spend over $400 for images I purchase from. Dreamstime.com and iphotos.com.
- I purchased some cartoons from toonpool.com.
- Some material is in the public domain e.g. NASA images.
- My pet peeve is websites and blogs that use other people's work without credit or permission.
- This is disrespectful to the author and frustrating for readers who find something of interest and would like to know who wrote or created it.
- When I write for permission to use people's work I get a about a 90% response rate and about 80% of these people give me permission.
- When I wrote my e-books, I gave some contributors a free copy of the book.
I give free Astronomy Humor powerpoint presentations.
Moon: Facts and Folly - Learn about the Moon and enjoy Moon humor in this presentation that combines science and silliness. My husband joins me on this topic as "Dr. Science".
Astronaut Humor - learn the qualities astronauts need e.g. social skills, education and looking good in a space suit.
Solar Eclipses Humor
I have been to four total solar eclipses.
My Favorite Humanoid
I'm married to Steve Kocsis, who is also a volunteer with the Marie Drake Planetarium. Steve is shown with Gort at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle.
He teaches astronomy at the University of Alaska Southeast.
Like me, he is a volunteer and board member with the Marie Drake Planetarium. He gives free presentations on subjects such as 'The Big Bang', 'Black Holes', 'Total Solar Eclipses' and 'Life Without the Moon'. He has been to seven total solar eclipses.
Thanks Steve for your computer support for my website and e-books.
My British Heritage
I have a travel blog - 100 Days of La Dolce Vita about my travels in Italy. My father was Italian and it is my favorite place to visit.
I have photos on Flickr.com. My photos (except the astronomy humor ones) are under a Creative Commons License for others to use as they like. My Flickr ID is Alaskan Woman.
I'm on Facebook: Cristina Della Rosa
My Favorite Humor Publication
Thanks to Contributors to my Website and e-Books
© Bertrandb | Dreamstime.com (no longer available)