Limerick about Edmund Halley
From the public, his discovery brought cheers.
From his wife, it drew nothing but torrents of tears.
“For you see,” said Ms. Halley,
“He used to come daily;
Now he comes once every 70 years!”
- Halley's Comet cartoon. Let me know if you know who the name of the cartoonist.
- Colorful comet balls - photo by Flickr ID: ThinkFastToys.com, a company that sells toys.
- Fujimoto's Comet - origami photo by Flickr ID: Melisande*
- Cartoon by Kazys Kęstutis Šiaulytis from Lithuania on ToonPool website.
- A Ford Halley's comet - photo by Flickr ID: Hero Dreams
- Autostop cartoon by Kemal Özyurt from Istanbul.
A learned woman is thought to be a comet, that bodes mischief whenever it appears.
They may talk of a comet, or a burning mountain, or some such bagatelle; but to me a modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous object of the whole creation.
~ Oliver Goldsmith
Comet Time Capsule
Strange But True
Creative Commons License
Photo by Lelê Breveglier (Flickr ID: same)