Photo by Nelson Pavlosky.
Flickr ID: skyfaller. Creative Commons License.
A fun street sign by Virgin Galactic
Here is a collection of moon t-shirts form Threadless Tees Shop.
First Moon Flights Club
In 1969, following the success of the Apollo missions, Pan Am airlines began taking ticket reservations for a shuttle to the moon. Over 90,000 reservations were accepted.
In a New York Times Article (Dec. 27, 2010) Exploring Our Relationship with the Lonely Moon, there is A Cultural History of the Moon slideshow. It includes a picture of the First Moon Flights Club Card. Click here for full article and slide show.
The craziest things people have proposed putting on the moon.
2012 article in Wired magazine by Adam Mann.
If Man Walked on the Moon Today Media parody
Stand-up Comedy - "Moon Landing" video by Pete Kern
Playing with the Moon - a wonderful collection of photos
Moon: a Brief History
"... the European Union, in a last-ditch effort to avoid an economic meltdown, announce that they are replacing the 'euro' with a new unit of currency, the 'pean,' the exchange rate for which will be linked to the phases of the moon."
~ Dave Barry's 2011 Year in Review, published in The Funny Times, February, 2012
Freemont - Seattle. Artist unknown
Photo by Cristina
McDonalds on the Moon
- Moon Cartoons on toonpool website
- Company Looks to Etch Advertising on the Moon. Learn more at: moonpublicity.com
- Moon Landing and Carl Sagan cartoons by Rich London
- Lego version of Moon landing by Ryan
- Oil discovered on the Moon - as reported in The Humor Gazette.
- Moon cartoons on Toon Pool
- Jerry Brown was nicknamed "Governor Moonbeam" in 1976 by Mike Royko, a Chicago columnist.
- Puddles on the Moon cartoon by Jeff Koterba
- Man of Many Moons: a creation by A. Matheny (Flickr ID: King Woodrose)
- Find out why the Moon hates the beach. Click here to view cartoon by Mark Heath.